Enviro-Syn® BSD-40™ is a high-performance NORM scale dissolver and descaler designed to efficiently remove sulfate scale with a unique ability to dissolve extremely high amounts of barium sulfate scales.
BaSO4 causes formation damage; reducing production, hosts bacteria, fouls piping, tanks and process equipment all greatly reducing the profitability for your operations.
- Down-hole scaling issues.
- Production well near wellbore damage from barite based mud systems.
- Heat exchangers / pipelines.
- On-shore / Off-shore topside processing and production treatments.
- Industrial boiler systems.
- Geothermal well scale treatments
- Separators / Hydrocyclones / degasser treatments.
- Injection well treatments.
Enviro-Syn® BSD-40™ is not corrosive to metal or typical oilfield elastomers and seals.
Value add / benefits
- Increased production / revenue.
- Non-damaging to formation / cost effective.
- Non-damaging to metal surfaces and seals.
- Reduced logistics vs low effectiveness products. High dissolution vs competition.
- Premium HE&E profile
- Concentrate options to reduce shipping offshore costs.
- Reduce mechanical remediation operation times.
- Decreased decommissioning timeline / costs.
- Dissolves Strontium & Calcium sulfates.
- Global distribution / manufacturing sites.
- Appearance: Colorless liquid.
- Specific Gravity: 1.13 – 1.17
- Freezing Point: -250 C.
- Boiling Point: ~>1100 C.
- pH: ~10.5 to 11
- Flash Point: >1000 C..
- Solubility: Highy soluble in water.
- Shelf Life: 1 year
- Thermal Ceiling: ~1300 C
Health, Safety & Environment
- BSD-40 has a pH between 10.5 and 11. Far below typical barium dissolving chemistry making exposure less of a risk for personnel
- Enviro-Syn BSD-40 should be stored long term in sealed drums or IBC totes. Fittings and valves should be HDPE, brass, or stainless steel.